[Zope] Versions problem in 2.6.1

Wil Cooley wcooley@nakedape.cc
17 Feb 2003 00:24:37 -0800

--=-jpumKEJUkqR73t51549S

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 12:10, Tom Emerson wrote:
> Dieter Maurer writes:
> > Tom Emerson wrote at 2003-2-14 09:10 -0500:
> [snip]
> > I have seen thinks like this, too.
> >=20
> > It happens when your browser sends the version cookie (its called
> > something like "ZopeVersion"). Ensure, no cookies of similar
> > name are send to Zope and see whether the problem disappears.
>=20
> No cookies of any type from the server in my browser. I even tried
> from a completely different machine. Nothing.
>=20
> > The "version management" in "Control_Panel" is a reliable source
> > of information about versions and how to save/quit them.
>=20
> The control panel claims that there are no non-empty versions, which
> is obviously false since the lock icons are visible.

FWIW, I just spent the last few hours fighting with the same thing.=20
Another thing I'm noticing is that even when I do save the version, the
changes aren't publicly accessible.

I'm using RH 7.3, installed from the binary x86-linux package for 2.6.0
with the upgrade tarball to 2.6.1 applied over it.  I've seen a few
other odd things tonight that are probably related, like after packing 0
days the folder with my site gave me POSKeyErrors, which from looking at
the source, indicated major badness.  Fortunately, I had exported it
shortly before, so I mv'd my Data.fs* out of the way, started Zope, and
imported my site back.

I couldn't find anything in Collector, and I don't really know enough to
be sure I'm not doing something stupid. FWIW, the Versioned files I
initially had trouble with were probably put into the version around
2.5.1, remained in the version through the 2.6.0 and .1.  But now I'm
seeing it again with files that only were created today under 2.6.1.=20
I'm guessing I'll downgrade until I can figure it out.

Yes, you can get to your version just by appending
'?Zope-Version=3D/path/to/version' to the URL.

Hmm... I notice now the versions refer to a version object in a
different place than the site is at now.  I created a Version in the
original path, started working in it, opened and saved my locked files,
then committed them and everything seems fine.  I'm going to delete the
version object and create a new one...

Wil
--=20
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley@nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
QCSNet                                     http://www.qcsn.com
* * * * T1, Frame Relay, DSL, Dial-up, and Web Hosting * * * *

--=-jpumKEJUkqR73t51549S

--=-jpumKEJUkqR73t51549S--