[Zope] Xron and CookieCrumbler

Ben Avery ben@thesite.org
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:43:48 +0000

hola Zopistas,

I'm having a problem with some Xron methods I need to run daily, and
which live in a folder underneath a CookieCrumbler authenication manager.

I have given the Xron DTML Methods the proxy role of a user who is
authorised to access any methods involved. I have even given the xron
methods the Manager role to try to get it working.

When I try to set the method to run, I see that the cookiecrumbler has
redirected back to the login page, as if the method's trigger call was
unauthorised. I see this in my zope.log

2003-02-17T12:36:02 PROBLEM(100) Products.Xron.Loggerr
Trigger event:
http://www.mysite.org/cares/scheduled_tasks/xron_schedule_methods/ad_recce_xron
Trigger time: 2003/02/17 00:00:01 GMT
Failed to trigger event.
Type=bci.ServerError
Val=http://www.mysite.org/cares/login_form?came_from=http%3A//www.mysite.org/cares/scheduled_tasks/xron_schedule_methods/ad_recce_xron/trigger&qs=&retry=
(File:
/export/home/Zope-2.6.0/lib/python/Products/CookieCrumbler/CookieCrumbler.py
Line: 301)
302 Moved Temporarily for
http://www.mysite.org/cares/scheduled_tasks/xron_schedule_methods/ad_recce_xron/trigger
------
2003-02-17T12:36:02 PROBLEM(100) Products.Xron.Loggerr Failed to disarm
event

I (think I) have followed the instructions from the Xron docs page,
about allocating proxy roles, but I must still be doing something wrong.
Can anyone help please?

I'm running Zope 2.6.0 with Python 2.1.3 on Solaris 8

Ben Avery