[Zope] Local FS files "not found"

baiewola@netscape.net baiewola@netscape.net
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:19:37 -0500

I've had Local FS installed for a year now and finally when someone tried to use it, it stopped working!

The hard drive location of the LocalFS is
/Library/WebServer/Documents/SomeFolder
I've given ug+rwx permissions to SomeFolder.

In Zope, the basepath for the LocalFS is defined as
/Library/WebServer/Documents/SomeFolder

When the user goes to the URL of this LocalFS, she sees a list of PDF files in the file system, but when she clicks on one (or control-clicks to download) she gets a "not found" error:

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /Applications/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 150, in publish_module
  File /Applications/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 114, in publish
  File /Applications/Zope2/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 159, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: 169546)
  File /Applications/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 89, in publish
  File /Applications/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py, line 278, in traverse
  File /Applications/Zope2/lib/python/Products/LocalFS/LocalFS.py, line 462, in __bobo_traverse__
    (Object: 169546)
  File /Applications/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py, line 492, in notFoundError
NotFound: (see above)

-->

However, the documents she is looking for DO exist in the correct location on the hard drive. They also have ug+rwx permissions, and she is a member of the appropriate group.

I've tried my programmer's suggestion of adding a / after SomeFolder in the basepath property, but that did not work.

Any tips how to start sorting this out? I'm using Zope 2.5.1 on Mac OS X 10.2.3