[Zope] acl_users and cookie crumbler login problem

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:43:40 +0100

philrobinson wrote at 2003-2-16 19:25 -0000:
 > Here's my ZODB structure:
 >
 > parent_folder
 > -- child_folder_1
 > -- child_folder_2
 > If I put an acl_users and cookie_crumbler into 'parent_folder' (to allow a
 > different
 > group of people to manage at that level), however, it all goes wrong.
 >
 > With these present, the cookie paths from the above example become '/',
 > which seems
 > to indicate that they are being generated in the parent_folder rather than
 > the relevant
 > child one. And login fails; presumably because the username supplied for
 > (say)
 > 'child_folder_1' is not valid for 'parent_folder'.

I expect that "CookieCrumlers" cannot be nested (in the way, you did it).

   CookieCrumber works by replacing "RESPONSE.unauthorized" to get
   a hook to display its login form when authentication fails.

   When you have several CookieCrumblers in a chain, all of them do this
   and the top most one wins.

   I fear, you would need to clean up CookieCrumber code.

Dieter