[Zope] Versions problem in 2.6.1

Tom Emerson tree@basistech.com
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:17:44 -0500

Wil Cooley writes:
> FWIW, I just spent the last few hours fighting with the same thing.
> Another thing I'm noticing is that even when I do save the version, the
> changes aren't publicly accessible.

That's no good.

> I couldn't find anything in Collector, and I don't really know enough to
> be sure I'm not doing something stupid. FWIW, the Versioned files I
> initially had trouble with were probably put into the version around
> 2.5.1, remained in the version through the 2.6.0 and .1.  But now I'm
> seeing it again with files that only were created today under 2.6.1.=20
> I'm guessing I'll downgrade until I can figure it out.
[...]

Interesting: the objects I'm working with now were imported into a
clean 2.6.1 installation after being exported (in binary) from a 2.6.0
installation. I have not tried versioning with an object created
wholely in 2.6.1.

I would just like to be able to unlock the versions that are currently
installed. Unfortunately I don't know enough about how ZODB works, nor
do I have the cycles right now to dig into the source and figure it
out.

BTW, Dieter, I further explored the cookie angle, and was able to
watch the version cookie come into existence and disappear as I join
and quit the versions. This does not appear to be the issue.

I'm a bit nonplused by this turn of events.

    -tree

Software Architect                                 http://www.basistech.com