[Zope] Recursively show content of document in subfolders

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:54:13 +0100

Mico Siahaan wrote at 2003-2-18 16:18 -0500:
 > example I have a directory structure like this:
 >
 > zoo --
 >      |-- birds
 >      |-- mamals
 >      |-- reptiles
 >
 > Each subfolder (birds, mamals, reptiles) has a DTML Method called
 > 'description' which contains a short description of each group of
 > animal.
 >
 > I want to make a DTML Method in zoo folder that show the description of
 > each group of animal. How to do it in Zope?

The "ObjectManager" method "objectValues" gives you the content
of an ObjectManager (a "Folder" is such a beast).
You can restrict the meta_type for the objects returned.
Please read the embedded online help
(Zope Help --> API Reference --> Object Manager).

With "tal:repeat" or "dtml-in", respectively, you itereate
over a sequence (such as the one returned by "objectValues").
If necessaary, the Zope Book tells you more...

Dieter