[Zope] Versions

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:04:21 +0100

Pino Silvestre wrote at 2003-2-19 11:13 +0000:
 > I had a problem with versions.
 > I realized this Python Script.
 >
 > request = container.REQUEST
 > response =  request.RESPONSE
 >
 > idVersion = 'modifyNews'
 > container.manage_addProduct['OFSP'].manage_addVersion(idVersion, title="")
 > version = getattr(container, idVersion)
 > version.enter(request, response)
 > idDoc = 'doc'
 > version.manage_addProduct['OFSP'].manage_addDTMLDocument(idDoc,title="")
 > doc = getattr(container, idDoc)
 > content = "Today date:  " + str(DateTime())
 > doc.manage_upload(content)
 > version.leave(request, response)
 >
 > After this, when I go back to manage_main I would expect 'doc' document has
 > a red locked ball.
 > But it is not. I think it is a transaction problem, but how can I resolve
 > it?

You are probably right.

  The look takes effect only when the transaction is committed.

  You may either commit it (in an External Method!) with
  "get_transaction().commit()" (you know what you are doing?)
  or redirect to the target place (in which case,
  the transaction is committed automatically).

Dieter