[Zope] Authenticating with LDAP

Krishna ksridhar@zeomega.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:20:48 +0530

Hi !

I' am using a LDAP user folder within my CMF site for authentication.
The problem that I'am facing is that I' am not able to add any user or
change any user properties. The error that appears is when I try to
create a new user is...:

 >> An Error occurred:
 >> Error Type: Insufficient access
 >> Server Message: no write access to parent

In the "slapd.conf" file I have set the access control lists to...

 >> access to filter="objectclass=myObject"
 >>       by dn="uid=xxx,ou=Person,dc=mysite,dc=com" write

and my ldbm database definitions are....

 >> database        ldbm
 >> suffix          "dc=mysite,dc=com"
 >> rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=mysite,dc=com"

In my LDAP user folder i have also set the Manager DN to
"uid=root,dc=mysite,dc=com" and have  set the password too !

With these access rights I'am able to authenticate into the site but
have not been able to add or modify any user / user-properties....is
there a workaround for this ?????????????????????

ty,

Kris