[Zope] Authenticating with LDAP

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:42:36 -0500

this error message is from LDAP. the account and password you entered
as the manager DN are simply not allowed to change the directory. this
is a LDAP server configuration problem and not really a LDAPUserFolder
problem. fill in a DN and password that have the right access level and
things should work.

jens

p.s.: you entered "uid=root,dc=mysite,dc=com" as the manager DN but
your slapd.conf only gives write access to
"cn=Manager,dc=mysite,dc=com" and "uid=xxx,ou=Person,dc=mysite,dc=com".
that is one very obvious mismatch.