[Zope] Roles and LDAP

Thierry FLORAC thierry.florac@onf.fr
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:11:16 +0100

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 18:07, Antonio Beamud Montero wrote:
> Hi all:
> Anybody knows how to store roles in a LDAP server? i.e. I want to
> specify in a record in a LDAP server all the methods a Role can use...
> I want to store all user/roles information in a LDAP database...

Hi,

Did you take a look at LDAPUserFolder product ??

With this product, you can :
 - store users definition into the LDAP database, instead of Zope ;
 - map LDAP users groups with Zope roles, globally or in a given context
throught the use of LDAPUserSatellite objects.
Then, you give permissions to Zope roles normally, and then you can give these
roles to users throught LDAP groups...

I use it for this and it works really well...

Thierry