[Zope] Zope on AIX

wolfgangtex@netscape.net wolfgangtex@netscape.net
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:11:43 -0500

Hi,

I run into the same problem that has been reported last year:

Author:Jan Idzikowski
Date: 04/24/2002 10:50 AM

There never was an answer from anybody.

I installed Python 2.1.3 and Zope-2.6.1 on AIX4.3.3 and I run into
exactly the same scenario as Jan. ZServer starts up OK and I can login and bring up the control panel. I can also add folders. When I try to access
/Examples or when I try to add the ZopeTutorial, Zope core dumps. When I
run with the dbx debugger, I see that the runtime stack is busted.

Usually with AIX there tend to be problem with shared libs. That doesn't
seem to be the case here as I can successfully run all unit tests
"testrunner.py".

Is there anybody out there who was able to circumvent this problem?

What would people suggest is a good way to debug this?

Thanks!

Wolfgang