[Zope] Re: Getting an authenticated user out of context

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:38:09 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Crosbie Fitch" <crosbie@cyberspaceengineers.org>

> I'll just have to put up with not being able to display content based on
> current user at the root level (given one can't safely access lower level
> acl_users info from a higher level).

I have to say that I do not really understand the problem.

If the user is known then he/she/it is authenticated at toplevel ROOT (in
the ROOT.acl_users folder) - a pre-requisite for showing content based on
the current user.

If so, then he/she/it is  also authenticated at sublevel B (in the ROOT.B
folder). You do not need to create the user in the ROOT.B.acl_users folder.

Thus the user is known at the root level, and is also known _and_
authenticated at any lower level.

Or have I totally misunderstood what you are trying to do?

/dario