[Zope] Re: Java re-invents DTML :-)

Jaroslav Lukesh lsh@wo.cz
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:47:30 -0000

| Odes=EDlatel: Fernando Martins <fmartins@hetnet.nl>
| Maik Jablonski wrote:
| > Stephan is not the only one... I like ZPT (great concept), but I stil=
| > prefer DTML too... Just another measurement error? ;)
| Maybe you don't work with a designer(s) who barely understand html and
you
| don't need to go back and forth between design and coding? Then, zpt
might
| not be make a big difference?

No, dtml could be used with daily changes in design. Simpply create all
needed DTML snippets in separate files, then at appropriate place your
designer should put code (for example for childs of current navigation)
<dtml-var navi_CHILDS>, or <dtml-var sys_list-item-preview> for a short
preview of items.

My each page use cca 10-15 dtml-method snippets that many of them are
nested. Yes, it is not as fast, but right RAM caching technique do nice
job.

Page rendering method looks like that:

navi_RIGHT></td>

Methods navi:HEADER renders headline, navi_LEFT & RIGHT renders L/R
navigations, navi_FOOTER renders page footer and sys:BODY does document
body rendering. So if you need to change design, simple change page segme=
nt
that you want.

Regards, JL.