[Zope] Re: Accessing zope through command-line python

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:54:04 -0500

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 10:37:51AM -0800, sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:
> #=============================
> # An example of putting new content into
> # a CMF or Plone site in an out-of-process
> # Zope instance in a Python module:
> #=============================

(snip)

One question:

> newSecurityManager(None,zopeuser)
> #new security manager to help invokeFactory run
> # also needed to run TTW code (PythonScripts, ZPT, DTML)

How's that work?  you don't use any return value, and you
make no further reference to zopeuser...
that's what I dislike about Zope, there's too much code that
reads like magical hand-waving :(

> I'm working on putting together an out-of-process Zope howto, which I expect
> to post in the next week or two on Zope.org, but in the meantime, feel free
> to email me with any questions.

it's a great recipe, thanks!

--

Paul Winkler