[Zope] Logout from Zope

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:42:52 +0100

Patrick Ulmer wrote at 2003-2-25 15:17 +0100:
 > how can I logout from zope. I saw a solution from "Michael Long":
 >
 > <form action="/acl_users/logout" method="post">
 > <input type="submit" value="Log out" size="5">
 > </form>
 >
 > but I get a site error message "Resource not found". Is logout a object.

Logging out is not problem when you use cookie based authentication.
The respective authenticator (UserFolder, CookieCrumber) probably
provides a method for this.

For basic authentication, it is difficult as an interaction with
the browser is required. You find a script which facilitates
logging out in

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html>

Search for "logout".

There, you can also find more information about cookie and basic
authentication...

Dieter