[Zope] Structured text is inconvenient esp. w BackTalk

Asad Quraishi aquraishi@skyesystems.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:49:48 -0500

Here's the application:

We have Zope and Plone installed and working for some months.  We also
installed BackTalk and CMFBackTalk in order to publish docs with inline
comments in Plone.  Works but there must be a better way.  Let me explain:

We create our documents in OpenOffice (OO) and then cut and paste them
into stx docs.  This works fine.  However to use stx you have to indent
each heading/content level.  I can do this in a paragraph indent
scenario like this with a BackTalk comment example:
--------
This is a Heading

    This paragraph has the first line indented but all of the other
lines will wrap
over to start flush with the margine.  This is how it should work so
that I can
cut my content after commenting and paste in back in my OO doc.  It also
turns 'This is a Heading' into a heading.  I can continue with first
line indents in
order to generate different heading levels.<p>

  % this is a comment
--------

When I do this, first of all I don't get a comment icon unless I break
the rules (i.e. no inline html) and enter a <p> at the end of the
paragraph where I want it.  However this creates another problem.  Once
the comment is entered, since it is indented it makes the paragraph
above it a heading.  It also removes the comment icon once a comment is
entered.

However if I do this:
------------
This is a Heading

     The paragraph following is created by indenting the entire
paragraph / and
     having to enter CR's at the end of each line.  Boy this makes it a
pain to
     enter the text into word processor afterwards.

        % the comment is indented again but doesn't turn the above paragraph
        into a heading

This works.  The paragraph above the comment doesn't become a heading
and the comment icon remains meaning I can enter as many comments for
one paragraph as I like.  This really sucks when I want to paste it back
into OO.

What am I doing wrong?  Is our process wrong?  i.e. "create doc in OO ->
copy to stx -> comment with BackTalk --> copy back to OO for formatting
and delivery to client as .doc"

Thanks.

- Asad