[Zope] Zope inserting base tag

Marc Burgauer marc@sharedbase.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:14:59 +0000

Hi

I have a problem creating valid HTML 4 with Zope. It seems that Zope inserts
a <base> tag when calling an index_html document without specifying the
file:

<base href="http://127.0.0.1:8080/" />

If I type in my browser "http://127.0.0.1:8080/" Zope adds the base tag. If
I type "http://127.0.0.1:8080/index_html", it doesn't. Sadly the way it
creates this tag is not valid HTML 4.01 strict (or transitional) according
to validator.w3.org. We want to use W3's icons on the sites we're building,
as it seems the closest thing to a certificate for quality-HTML. (Basically
it something that helps selling.)

The offending thing is the XML-like ending. " />" If I remove the
space-slash from the code, it validates.

I assume that I could suppress this somewhere in the source code (possibly
HTTPResponse.py), but I'm not sure where and how.

I'm using Zope 2.4, but found this "feature" to exist in Zope 2.6 as well.

Can somebody help generating valid HTML 4.01? :-)

Cheers

Marc