[Zope] manage_changePermissions from Script(Python)

Lee Harr missive@hotmail.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:57:49 +0000

Hi;

On another thread, I am having trouble using manage_clone to make
a copy of one folder and put it inside of another folder.

The reason I want to use clone, instead of just making a new
folder is that I want the new folder to have the restricted
permissions of my template.

I thought since I cannot get the proxy role manager to create
this clone, I would just make a new folder and set its perms
up the way I want, but now I am having trouble figuring out
how to call manage_changePermissions from my python script.

I look at the form that calls manage_changePermissions normally,
but it uses form elements with name="p2r0". I could look
through that page source and try to figure out how the
permissions I want to change are named (p22r3 or whatever)
and try to call the method like that, but there must be
a better way.

Any pointers?