[Zope] Force reloading of a zope form?

Patrick Price plone@wvu.edu
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 04:55:53 -0500

I am trying to set up a web site where I can choose different templates
to change the style of the site.  I store the template name in a browser
cookie.  All my documents/forms use the cookie to determine which
template to render the site with.

My selection mechanism is  a DTML document named index_html which
contains href links.  These links call itself (index_html) with a
template=n value tacked onto the URL eg: <a
href="index_html?template=2">Use Template #2</a>

I set the cookie if the "template" value is present when the document
is called.

The overall flow is:
  1: document  loads the original template1, based on pre-existing
cookie, or default template if none
  2: I select a new template with href link
  3: link calls the document again (which still loads the original
template based on as-yet unchanged cookie)
  4: the document sets the cookie value to the new template setting

Now I need to reload the form so it can re-read the cookie and use the
new template based on my selection.  The problem is that I have to
reload the form manually, to get the new template to load based on the
new cookie setting.

If there is a "form reload" method that would solve my problem.
 Otherwise all I can think to do is have a DTML method for each template
I have to set the cookie and then have that method reload the index_html
form, where the selection was made from.

Hope this makes sense.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,
 Patrick Price