[Zope] The Goblins of Zope

kosh@aesaeion.com kosh@aesaeion.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 04:40:43 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Redding, Matthew wrote:

> So,
> How does the ZODB's stability compare to the competition?
>
> Matt

I think it compares very well depending on what you run it on. I run zope
2.5.1 on python 2.1.3 on debian sid and it has not ever crashed except
when I am developing python code and do something brain numingly stupid
and that has been very rare.

On a redhat system I have worked with that has gcc 2.96 I can not get zope
to run stable at all. It crashes for no reasons I can find and it does not
seem to be hardware. I suspect that the toolchain on redhat 7.x boxes is
just borked.

I have not run zope on windows and I have heard good experience from those
that run it on bsd.

So overall the stability has a lot to do with what version you are
running, on what os, and how stable the toolchain your stuff is built with
is.