[Zope] a real "zope shell".

Jerome Alet alet@librelogiciel.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:06:03 +0100

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 10:00:20AM -0800, Andy McKay wrote:
> Paul Winkler wrote:
>
> >It's not as convenient as a real interactive shell (e.g. no
> >pipes!), but ZShell does allow you to recursively grep for stuff,
> >and even do find-and-replace. That's what I use at the moment
> >for this kind of thing.
>
> Just extend the ZShellCLI which gives you a python prompt and fires the
> request over to ZShell with xmlrpc. Or store your objects on the file
> system ;)

Alternatively you can wait until I've finished to port ZShell to a
ZShellScripts interpreter, and then each method will be
available directly through xml-rpc in a "less-hackish" way than
with ZShellCLI.

(any help is welcome, see http://www.librelogiciel.com/software/ and
download the CVS version from subversions.gnu.org)

bye,

Jerome Alet