[Zope] zope2.6 src install problems

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:32:58 -0800

Hi,

I have python 2.1.3 (with threads) running on a compiled RHAS kernel on
which I built zope from source using the python2.1 wo_pcgi.py routine.
My start script looks like the following :

#! /bin/sh
export INSTANCE_HOME="/var/local/zope"
#export ZSYSLOG="/dev/log"

export EVENT_LOG_FILE="/var/log/zope/Zope.log"

cd $INSTANCE_HOME
/usr/bin/env /usr/bin/python2.1 \
   $INSTANCE_HOME/z2.py \
   -D \
   -z /var/local/zope \
   -u zope \
   -X \
   -a 192.168.10.173 \
   -P 192.168.10.173:8000 \
   -f - \
   -p - \
   -m - \
   -M /var/log/zope/detailed.log \
   -l /var/log/zope/zserver.log

However on starting I see the same problem as mentioned here:

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-coders/2002-October/thread.html#2541

Also when I try to lynx the site I get an IOError could not find
/...../App/dtml/zope_quick_start.dtml with the whole path which seems
strange as it should not have been resolved like that.

The reason I dont want to use the binary install is that I dont want
another version of python floating around and I built and installed
Py2.1.3 from source for the specific purpose of using it with zope.

A previous message titled start problems lists another funky side
problem that I observed, using
nmap -vv -sS -p 1-65535 192.168.10.173
I found that zope opens up ports ( a truckload of them ) in the 30000 -
50000 range.

Dieter suggested :

# You told it to listen only on one interface (i.e. IP address).
# Are you sure, you are using this interface (and not "localhost")?

I made sure that I was using the interface I checked.
Any ideas as to wtf is happening??

TIA
AM

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes