[Zope] undo machinery mysteries

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:31:28 +0000

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 12:17 pm, Chris Withers wrote:
> Jeff Sacksteder wrote:
> > The best way that I can think to approach this is to keep my
> > superpersistant objects in a second ZODB and mount it in a folder in =
my
> > primary ZODB. I could then compact my primary without losing old
> > revisions of my files.
>
> That way currently works.
>
> > Is there a better way to approach this?
>
> Dunno, mail Toby Dickenson and ask him if it's something that could be
> added more easily to DirectoryStorage...

Something like this is on the would-be-nice-to-do list. Packing is up for=
=20
quite a few changes in DirectoryStorage 1.1.

One outstanding question is how to identify the objects that get the spec=
ial=20
treatment. It cant be a special attribute or method, because the storage =
only=20
deals in pickles. I am currently thinking that you would designate:
1. python classes - all instances of that class would be treated speciall=
y.
2. by oid. ok if you only have a few, but a PITA if you have many.

Does that fly for you? Any other ideas gratefully considered.

--=20
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson