[Zope] AdaptableStorage for FileSystem

Elena Schulz elena.schulz@gmx.net
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:43:38 +0100

Hi,

I just tried AdaptableStorage for FileSystem usage: great and useful
product, thanks a lot. Good for storing PageTemplates in the filesystem. ;-)

But I have some small ideas to improve it even more:

- in the properties-tab-view of a filesystem-object the title-property does
not appear, others do.

- if one tries to configure the basepath=%(CLIENT_HOME)s/mnt without a
folder like /mnt adding the DBTab Mount Point throws an error even for a
unique mount_paths setting

- an absolute Path for the basepath= setting does not seem to be possible
like 'K:/folder1/folder2', but from my point this would give much more
flexibility

- there will be problems, if one closes the path-settings with a '/' which
can happen sometimes

- may be the configuration of the mountpath and basepath-settings through
the web would be great to avoid a new server-start everytime when new paths
have to be added.

Anyway the product is working fine, thanks again.

--- Elena