[Zope] XUL 'n' ZOPE

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:20:20 -0500

André Camargo wrote:

>hello
>
>does anyone using ZOPE to generate XUL windows? my question is: how do I
>submit data from a XUL window to server? :)
>
>I know this is off-topic, but, can anyone point me some url or
>experience about that?

You may use properly-namespaced html tags inside XUL; html forms will
work just as in regular html.

Or, if you want to stay with strictly XUL, event->javascript->xml-rpc.
 SOAP would presumably work similarly as xml-rpc, but that seems to be
an advanced topic at the moment on the Zope side.

http://www.vcdn.org/Public/XMLRPC/ has a pretty-good javascript
implementation of xml-rpc to get you started.  There have been a couple
of posts on this list recently about it that you should look-up if you
plan to use it.

hth,

-- Jim Washington