[Zope] The Goblins of Zope

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk@forbis.lt
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:46:33 +0200

On Wednesday 15 January 2003 20:52, Paul Winkler wrote:
> But we are seriously considering ditching Portal and BEA and moving
> to something like Tomcat.

Nnnnoooo! Tomcat / Apache is a horrible nightmare and the development wil=
l=20
cost you much-much-much more that Zope / Python. I don't think Micro$oft =
are=20
stupid company, who start developing it's dotNet. IOW, reading thin manua=
l of=20
Python, and a little bit bigger manual about Zope is really EASIER than=20
everybody should learn 800 pages of book only of Java language *basis*, t=
hen=20
go to the market and buy dozen of fat books to know how to write simple a=
pp=20
"Hello world" as XML-RPC webservice and finally write once and DEBUG=20
everywhere...

<QUESTION>
=09Does anybody heard about something like .Net and Zope/Python?
</QUESTION>

--=20
Regards, Bogdan

I am a computer. I am dumber than any human and smarter than any=20
administrator.