AW: [Zope] MySQL-python Question

Isokangas, Erik HTC/DE/FRA Erik.Isokangas@hochtief.de
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:20:43 +0100

Note: MySQL-python is an extension to python and ZMySQLDA is the Zope
DA/product. =20

I was installing MySQL-python and the Zope MySQL database adapter last =
week
on a Linux box and encountered a few problems.  Here's a few =
suggestions
which might help you.

First, you need to build and install MySQL-python as discussed in the
README.  Make sure you are using the copy of python that is driving =
Zope.
Do you have multiple copies of python on your machine?  I also found it
necessary to edit setup.py to change the threadsafe option to NO (as I
didn't have the mysqlclient threadsafe libraries for some reason).

Once I had built and installed MySQL-python (with no errors), the =
ZMySQLDA
product worked fine.

You may also need to check you have versions of python and mysql =
(including
the development libraries) which are compatible with MySQL-python (see =
the
MySQL-python README).  I have python 2.1.3 and mysql 3.23, which work =
fine.

Hope this helps.

Erik.