[Zope] data manager object - seeking comments

Dylan Reinhardt Dylan@DylanReinhardt.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:28:15 -0800

My code is far less ambitious or general purpose than AdaptableStorage.

It may, however, be more useful for rapid prototyping or small/mid-size app
development.

It's not a file system store or a product you'd load into the ZMI, it's a
class you'd use in the context of building your own product.

It relies entirely on ZODB for storage and thus inherits whatever
advantages and limitations accrue with use of ZODB.

In essence, it's a bunch of syntactic sugar layered on the built-in mapping
and sequence objects that uses a bunch of the kinds of techniques found on
c.l.p. and the Python Cookbook to make the best use of built-ins that I
know how to make.

Rather than continuing to re-write app-specific multi-sorting and record
selection functions, I've attempted to do it in a more general way and
abstract away the implementation.  Basic OO stuff. :-)

Anyway, a few other people have expressed interest so I think I'll clean up
the interface a bit and put it up for review soon.

Thanks,

Dylan