[Zope] Proxy methods chaning proxy roles

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:48:04 +0100

Jay, Dylan wrote at 2003-1-16 14:45 +1100:
 > I have a method (A) which creates another method (B) to be executed later by
 > Xron. Since it will be executed later the new method needs proxy permission
 > (Xron runs things as anonymous). That means that method A needs to set the
 > proxy role on B. However this doesn't seem to be possible since the security
 > machinery seems to check the users roles not the proxy roles of method A.
 >
 > Is there anyway out of this mess?
When you are ready to use an External Method (or other code
not restricted by Zope security subsystem), then yes.

Look at the source of the "proxy role setting code".
Move it out in your code but omit the security checks).

Dieter