[Zope] Also, an error occurred while attempting to render the standard error message.

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:53:01 +0100

Operaciones - Piensa Technologies wrote at 2003-1-16 00:19 -0600:
 > I first saw this error while hitting cancel at the HTTP Authentication
 > pop-up window (where the username and password are requested) of one of
 > my Zope applications:
 >
 > 	You are not authorized to access this resouce
 > 	Username and password are not correct
 >
 > 	(Also, an error occurred while attempting to render
 > 	 the standard error message.)
 >
 > The first two lines are OK, but I have been unable to find out what is
 > causing the "...rendering the standard_error_message."  message.
When processing a Zope request produces an exception,
Zope searches "standard_error_message" and renders it.

If this rendering produces another (secondary) exception,
Zope uses a trivial build in error handler and
reports

        Also, an error occurred while attempting to render
	the standard error message.

Your "standard_error_message" contains a bug.

   Add "dtml-try ... dtml-except" to it and make an output in the
   "except" part.

Dieter