.NET ( Re: [Zope] The Goblins of Zope )

Paul T (spk) paul@pault.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:13:21 -0800

On Thursday 16 January 2003 14:06, Paul T \(spk\) wrote:
> I'm messing with it right now.
> Have few .NET goblins already.

> :-) Have you some links?

As to broken BeforeNavigate2 :
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=beforenavigate2&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
8&selm=e3Ht6aKACHA.2216%40tkmsftngp02&rnum=1

There are some 'workarounds'
on the web, but those are not actually
workarounds (  'string headers' of
BeforeNavigate is *not*  'ref Array headers' )

Of course, ignorant Windows developer
would not consider this to be a goblin
of .NET because there are plenty of articles,
which :

1. show how to do that in C++ ( it works
in C++. It is broken only in C# ).

2. explaining how to 'fix it' in C# ( only the
problem is that  the fix is not the fix,
but 'almost a fix' )

Rgds.Paul.

PS. Another .NET goblin is related to POST.
Try using WebControl uploadForm
on Zope's administrative UI - you may
see some funny things. Sorry, have
no link for that yet, but may send you
the tiny snippet of the source code eventually.

Which reminds me  of the fact that
POST was broken in Tomcat/Linux
for ages and nobody did fixed it
(Tomcat was open source).

PPS.
I also found that the Windows developers have
special attitude, regarding subtle bugreports.

(Windows has many sources of subtle bugs,
for example, some versions of IE can process
some client-side XSLT, some can not e t.c..)

So, when presented with the bugreport,
the first reaction of novice Windows developer
usually is "it works on my computer, there is
something wrong with your hands".

I think it  is funny.