[Zope] DMTL-document as parameter to DMTL

Hans Sandsdalen hans-dated-1043225905.db0c51@spacetec.no
17 Jan 2003 09:58:24 +0100

Hi

I use this code:

   <dtml-var standard_html_header>

   <dtml-var expr="REQUEST.file"><br>

   <dtml-with expr="REQUEST.file">
      Title: <dtml-var title><br>
      Id   : <dtml-var id><br>

   </dtml-with>
   <dtml-var standard_html_footer>

and that way I am able to get the file name. But there are some errors
in my code, because the output is not what I expexted:

   entry_1037698423
   Title: Entry_1037698423
   Id : news

The entry_1037698423 file has a title, and the id should be the same as
<dtml-var expr="REQUEST.file">.

I must admit that I don't know much DTML....

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 17:12, AM wrote:
> WHen you do something of the form.http://url?foo.txt ( well thats not
> the right way but..) foo.txt comes in as a request parameter called
> QUERY_STRING. Actually anything after the '?'.
>
> The right way would be http://url?file=foo.txt
>
> then you could access foo.txt as REQUEST.file or REQUEST.get('file'). If
> you do it this way you can alos send in other stuff via the URL.
>
> However if you do have to use the URL you mention use
> REQUEST.QUERY_STRING to get it.
>
> hth
> AM
>

> Hans Sandsdalen wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >I want to be able to get the name of a DTML-document as a parameter to a
> >DTML-method, so that I can display it the way I want.
> >
> >In other words, if I want to see foo.txt this way, I would use
> >
> >http://.....display?foo.txt
> >
> >How do I get the value of the parameter if display is a DTML-method?
> >
> >Any ideas?
> >

> --
>  Aseem Mohanty
>  Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
>  (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
>  "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
>   stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes

/ hans - http://go.to/tusenfrydveien32
/        http://www.spacetec.no/~hans/dfood.htm
/ HANS = High Availability No Superman