[Zope] Re: manager can, proxy role manager cannot

Geoff Horne horne@interop.net
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:45:32 -0800

Dieter Maurer wrote :

 > An old bug (already in the collector): and several times discussed
 > in the mailing list (--> archives).
 >
 >   "CopyContainer._verifyObjectPaste" makes its checks without
 >   taking the execution context (i.e. Proxy Roles and Ovnership)
 >   into account.
 >
 > Your only chance it to fix the bug.

If this is such an old bug, there must be some sort of workaround ??

I want to give even Authenticated users the power to rename objects, but I
don't want to give them manager access.

Does anyone know why it hasn't been fixed ??

   Geoff Horne                     http://www.interop.com/interopnet
   Senior Network Engineer         http://www.ilabs.interop.net
   "Don't take life too seriously, you don't get out of it alive anyway"
                                Burt Ward