[Zope] Zope and Apache

Moore, Paul Paul.Moore@atosorigin.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:57:14 -0000

This is bound to be trivial. But I can't find an answer by searching
the Zope site, and the list search gave me no obvious hits. So
apologies if this is a FAQ - if it is, then a pointer to the
appropriate documentation would be much appreciated.

I am completely new to Zope - I've just installed it on my machine to
investigate it. I want to integrate the Zope site into my existing
Apache 2 setup. Looking at the Zope+Apache HOWTO that I found, it
seems that what I want is simply to use ProxyPass, via

ProxyPass /Zope http://localhost:8080/
ProxyPassReverse /Zope http://localhost:8080/

However, when I do this, I get an Apache error "Forbidden You
don't have permission to access /Zope on this server.". The Apache
installation in question is an out-of-the-box binary install on
Windows (I'm not an Apache expert, either...). I'm guessing that I
need some sort of permission changes on the Apache side, but I don't
know what. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Paul.