[Zope] METAL and DOCTYPE

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 19:29:22 +0100

Hello Fred,

> Aha, you're right, and that's the trick.  Actually, I'm surprised that
> ZPT allows a DOCTYPE declaration appear in the content of any element;
> is that well-formed XML?

( http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/ByKey/2F2087986BB1E751 )
ZPTs do not have to be well-formed XML if the content-type is not
text/xml ..

>> <metal:page use-macro="here/standard_template.pt/macros/page">

> Shouldn't that be a define-macro attribute (and appropriate value) in
> that metal:page tag, rather than use-macro?

yes, could be that aswell.. My example is from a ZPT *using* the macro.
You will of course use define-macro in the page-template defining
it...  ;)

--
Geir Bækholt        geir@funcom.com
Tools/HCI-developer