[Zope] Re Re: Regular expressions insecurity?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:36:32 +0100

Tue Wennerberg wrote at 2003-1-19 18:05 +0100:
 > Matt Young wrote:
 > I love regular expressions too. But having to create an external method
 > is just too cumbersome for everyday work. I think Zope is missing out on
 > a great feature here, without getting more security in return.
I think 1 generic External Methods will do it:

      External Method that has input parameters like "re.compile"
      and returns a wrapper for the compiled regular expression.

      The wrapper can provide the methods of compiled regular
      expressions, again wrapping the results if necessary (such
      as for match objects).

Are you a volunteer?

 > I wish I could get some form of reply from a definitive source (core
 > developers, maybe?).
I would need about an afternoon to implement it, but I did not
yet need regular expressions in TTW code...

Dieter