[Zope] Zope and Apache configuration

gbobeff@info.emn.fr gbobeff@info.emn.fr
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:28:20 +0100 (MET)

Hi,
I installed Zope and Apache in a windows 2000 platform.

In order to configure Apache as the web server for Zope I have followed t=
he many instructions to do that but it seems to work except for the authe=
ntication. The following are the step I made:

1- Copy Zope.cgi file to <apache-directory>/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi

After that I tried to browse http://myHost/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/manage and it=
 asked me the user and password, I put Zope's user and pass but it doesn=92=
t work.
Then, I decided to follow the steps in 'Zope authentication with existing=
 web servers' in WEBSERVER.txt
2- I copied the following lines in the 'httpd.conf' file:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog logs/apache_rewrite_log
RewriteLogLevel 0
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^/Zope(.*) "E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\cgi-bin\Zope=
.cgi\$1"  [e=3DHTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=3Dapplication/x-httpd-cgi,l]

Even that it didn't work, I mean it still asked me for the user and pass =
when I browsed through the Apache server but I cannot get the manage's pa=
ge.
So, I decide go further and follow the steps in the section 'Allowing you=
r server to handle authentication itself'

3- I create the 'access' file executing the command line:
E:\Web\ZopeSite>python zpasswd.py --username=3Dsuperuser --password=3Dsup=
er access

4- I create a user database for the Apache server performing the command =
line:
E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\bin>htpasswd users superuser super

5- I copied the following lines in the 'httpd.conf' file:
<Location /cgi-bin/Zope/>
AuthType Basic
AuthName Zope-realm
AuthUserFile "E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\bin\users"
require valid-user
</Location>

6- I shutdown Zope
7- I start Zope
8- I browse http://myHost/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/manage and still I behave as a=
lways, any user and password combination seems to be the right one.

Anyway the Zope server still works by using its web server, I mean throug=
h http://myHost:8080/manage

So, obviously the question are:
I miss something during the configuration procedure?
Could be the spaces in the Apache's pathname the problem?

Thanks

EMN, http://www.emn.fr