[Zope] all work lost?

Gerhard Venter loper@ananzi.co.za
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:44:59 +0200

Yes it was was something like this, although the problem
must have been caused by someone running Yast, and I am now
well warned of the dangers of an RPM installation.
Yast created a new instance of the database, backing the
old one up to Data.fs.rpmsave
I  fixed the problem by backing the /opt/zope/var directory
and then:
mv Data.fs.rpmsave Data.fs
 and restarting Zope
Thanks to all

Gerhard

george donnelly wrote:

>[Gerhard Venter commented on 1/22/03 11:52 AM]
>
>>Hi
>>
>>We have a designer who has been trying to make our
>>Zope/Plone test site look unique. She has done something
>>that caused some of the Plone icons go missing.  I could
>>not fathom how to get it back, so I installed the Bubble
>>Blue icon set from the Plone website, thinking it may
>>replace any missing icons.  The instructions said restart
>>Zope, which I did.  After the restart Zope reverted to
how
>>it was directly after it was installed (SuSE 8.1 RPM).
>>Even the superuser password was back to the default, and
>>all our work is missing.  Or can it be retrieved?
>>

>>Gerhard Venter
>>www.tobintax.org.uk
>

>this sounds like something changed in your start script.
perhaps the start
>script your restarted with is not pointing to the
instance_home and data.fs)
>that you were using before.
>
>The fact that the superuser password has reverted possibly
indicates that
>its not finding the Data.fas file wwith which you were
working.

>hth
>
><-->
>george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies"
:)
>Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine
Promotion
>Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - ICQ: 51907738 -
e:george@zettai.net

==
Download ringtones, logos and picture messages at Ananzi Mobile Fun.
http://www.ananzi.co.za/cgi-bin/goto.pl?mobile