[Zope] About factory_type_information

D2 borelan@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:06:41 -0400

Thanks .....

After reading portal.py, what i understood is that=20
factory_type_information is used in the setup of a CMFSite, by=20
PortalGenerator.setupType, to fill in portal_types tool with the default=20
types.
It's a way to customize a basic CMF Site
If i want to add y own types, i can define a module sometype.py and add=20
its factory_type_information to portal.factory_type_information=20
otherwise i'll have to add a Factory_type_based_information in=20
portal_types workspace.
If i want to use PortalGenerator.setupTypes in my own module to register=20
my type in portal_types, i suppose i'll have to create an instance of=20
PortalGenerator in my module but that i don't need to use=20
PortalGenerator as a base class of my module.

Am i right ? (i'm a newbie so my questions may be simples ones)

Mark McEahern a =E9crit: