[Zope] problems for Zope Installation

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:46:06 -0800

the last time I did this on Solaris 8, assuming the following:

installed python
installing zope from source.

this is what I had to do, before running the wo_pcgi.py or w_pcgi.py

replace the python in $INSTANCE_HOME/bin/python with a link to the
python binary of your python installation

After the install:

delete the folder $INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python2.x.x
DO NOT delete $INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python
create a link to your python lib folder (usually /usr/lib/python2.x.x)
 called (whatever it was originally called - the one you deleted )

now you are ready to go.
I did not get that error so it is possible that the source of the
problem could be something else entirely. but when I did this it worked
without a hitch

hth
AM