[Zope] Zope hangs when copying large/many objects

Florian Konnertz florian.konnertz@web.de
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 01:10:05 +0100

Jamie Heilman wrote:
>>  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
>> 9201 nobody    16   5  299M 228M  1176 S N   2.9 91.1   5:21 python
>> 9203 nobody    16   5  299M 228M  1176 S N   2.7 91.1  18:15 python
>

> You're into swap, thats why its so slow, either get more memory or
> change your strategy.
>

>>The harddisk has 1,5G free space, it's one partition,

>>Memory: 256816k/262080k available

>>Adding Swap: 136512k swap-space (priority -1)
>

> This is not a well configured server, nor is this the list to discuss
> why, but if you want to get a reasonable amount of performance out
> your hardware I suggest you research system setup & rationale some.

Thanks for the confirmation.
I don't want to discuss this here of course.

At the moment it's running well, my friend the admin did something
(haven't asked yet).

Florian

--
Florian Konnertz   ---   http://www.florian-konnertz.de