[Zope] sorry for lame question...

Corey Saltiel corey@axcelerant.com
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 11:18:55 -0800

On Sunday 26 January 2003 10:52 am, Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On Sonntag, 26. Januar 2003 10:38 -0800 Corey Saltiel
>
> <corey@axcelerant.com> wrote:
<snip>
> > Using ZPT - how do I get the value returned from a ZSql method? This
> > method only ever returns *one* value; I'd rather not do a tal:repeat if
> > I'm able to.

<snip>

> try something like

  Thanks for the help!

> the brain variable does represent a single row of the
> result of your SQL query. You should be able to access
> the cols by "brain/<column_name>" where <column_name>
> is the name of column returned by the query.

  'brain'?  Certainly not particularly intuitive...

  How would I have gone about finding this info easily on my own, as a newbie?

  The ZPT reference in the Zope book doesn't mention this anywhere...

  Zope is really killer - it's just a serious pain to start because of the
  "magic" involved, and the docs and info can be difficult to locate -
  regardless of how good a web-searcher one may be.