[Zope] sorry for lame question...

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 15:06:12 -0600

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 10:38:04AM -0800, Corey Saltiel wrote:

> The best I can do is:

> Which provides:
>
> "<Shared.DC.ZRDB.Results.Results instance at 0x8c6df8c>"
>
> I don't want the instance - I want the value, of course.

Untested, but what about <span tal:replace="here/my_Zsql_method()">,
perhaps with any needed parameters inside the parentheses? At least
for most of my experience, if calling some sort of logic code results
in some sort of instance or reference, then adding the parentheses at
the end to make it a proper function call tends to fix it. DTML would
let you be sloppy with the calling convention, where ZPT and Python
itself tend to be more strict.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu