[Zope] Setting the "selected" attribute in zpt

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:15:20 +0100

Hello Dylan,

>>it is 100% correct XHTML and should work fine in all recent browsers.

> Indeed... the operative word being "should."

> However, the original poster says selected="selected" doesn't render
> correctly on his browser.  I'm making the assumption that he knows well
> enough to say that with some authority.

[snip]

> Feel free to jump in and share any theory you have on what else might
> produce this problem.

Sorry if i offended you in any way, Dylan. I was only making a
statement about the valididty of  selected="selected" in HTML, to
correct a wrong assumption.
I was in no way trying to thrash your atttempts of helping. :)

I have not seen any commonly used browser that fails on that syntax,
and we were several people that looked pretty hard for problems with
it at the time we managed to lobby the corrrect syntax into ZPT.

- but if there is indeed a backwards-compatibility-problem, someone
would have to take the discussion : backwards- or
forwards-compatibility first ?

--
Geir Bækholt        geir@funcom.com
Application/HCI-developer