[Zope] manage_proxy Forbidden error

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:05:35 +0100

Hello Cornel,

> Hi,
> I want to add from an  external product, a DTMLMethod with proxy role 'Manager'.

> getattr(self,'daily_notifications').manage_proxy(['Anonymous','Authenticated','Manager'],REQUEST)

> I receive the following error:
> "Forbidden  Header You are not authorized to change daily_notifications because you do not have proxy roles. "
> How is it possible?

My guess is that your product cannot add the proxy roles Anonymous and
perhaps even Authenticated, because it does not have them itself.

Proxy roles *replaces* the current roles, not adds to them , - a
very common misconception.

You also need to possess a role to be able to add it as a proxy role.

So , you external product has the role manager , and tries to add
'Anonymous','Authenticated','Manager' , two of which it does not
possess itself...

But i agree, that errormessage is not very clear at all.  ;)

--
Geir Bækholt        geir@funcom.com
Application/HCI-developer