[Zope] Exporting / Directory or highest Directory a User has access to

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:28:02 -0800

At 01:23 PM 1/27/2003, Dieter Maurer wrote:
>Raphael Arlitt wrote at 2003-1-27 15:15 +0000:
>  > how can a User export his/her root directory in zope?
>What's the user's root directory in Zope?
>Never, I saw such a beast.

I think the OP means how is it possible to traverse one level above the
highest-level directory a user has permission to in the ZMI.  Doing so
would allow the user to export their "root" folder from the ZMI as one object.

Phrased this way, the obvious answer should be: you can't.

More constructively, it shouldn't be that difficult to come up with a
script that can traverse up a level and do this on the user's behalf.  This
script could be called "backup" and would be placed in the user's top-most
folder.  Give it a proxy role sufficient for accessing the contents of the
next directory up and take great care that only the user is permitted to
run it.  One click on "backup" and the user is downloading their export file.

You may find some of these links helpful:
http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/990792795
http://www.zope.org/Members/cba/export_root
http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/991076140

HTH,