[Zope] From development to production ??

Thierry Florac thierry.florac@onf.fr
28 Jan 2003 10:09:13 +0100

  Hi,

I have a probably common question.

My problem is simple : I'm working in a development environment (a
specific Zope server) on a web site powered by several Zope products, as
well as several DTML methods and Python scripts (which have to be
available to webmasters for customization).

When I want to upgrade my production system with a new release of my web
site, Zope products can be upgraded easilly, but it's a huge job to
upgrade DTML methods and Python scripts, as I can't do an export/import
operation...

Is there any good way to handle such tasks ?
Could the new "Revision Manager" product (or anyone else) be of any help
for this job ??

Thanks for any help,

  Thierry

--
  Linux every day, keeps Dr Watson away...
  http://gpc.sourceforge.net -- http://www.ulthar.net