[Zope] Zope Products without Sources

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:24:43 +0100

Marc Roland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> on the filesystem we see files ending with .py and with .pyc -
> what's happening inside the ZODB?
> If I want to sell a Zope Product, can I savely delete all
> sources (.py)?

Yes. But be aware that the pyc files can be relatively easily decompiled.

> How to shut the backdoor inside the ZODB?
> Can we somehow remove the ZMI (the sources or better all the
> functionality of the Zope Management Interface)?

It all depends on the situation. In that case you would probably want to
add a new user. A sub-manager that could then visit the management
interfaces he was allowed to. Or you could write custom interfaces for
your app.

--

hilsen/regards Max M Rasmussen, Denmark

http://www.futureport.dk/
Fremtiden, videnskab, skeptiscisme og transhumanisme