[Zope] problems after a crash

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 07:34:57 -0800

At 01:18 AM 1/29/2003, Alexis Roda wrote:
>Dylan Reinhardt wrote:
> >
> > At 05:02 AM 1/28/2003, Alexis Roda wrote:
> > >Hi,
> > >I'm running ZOPE 2.5.1 on a windows machine. After a crash the tree on
> > >the left frame of the management interface don't load
> > >(http://localhost:8080/manage_menu). If I access two or three objects
> > >then the whole web management interface stops responding. Any idea of
> > >how to fix that?

[snip]

>Windows stoped responding and I rebooted the machine "the bad way".
>After the reboot/scandisk ZOPE showed some messages about errors on
>Data.fs, it fixed them and started normally.

Yikes.  Does it get any better when you pack the database?

If you aren't already doing that, it's a very good idea to make it a
regular part of your system maintenance... that goes double for a machine
that probably has limited resources (the typical Win95 box).

> > Finally, when you say Zope stops responding, are you getting back
> > errors?  Or is your browser hung?
>
>No error, the browser shows the top and right frames and keeps loading
>the left frame forever.

In the right-hand frame, what happens if you click through to a page that
wouldn't be in your browser cache?  Is this the point at which the server
stops responding?

Dylan