[Nuxeo-localizer] Re: [Zope] NuxDocument Nonfunctional

Myroslav Opyr myroslav@zope.net.ua
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:58:49 +0200

Florent Guillaume wrote:

>Apparently Localizer (in fact, python gettext module) didn't correctly
>parse the charset of the .po files... Are they standard .po files? There
>should be a Content-Type: xxx; charset=3Dfoo header in them.
>
>If you could add debug statements to /local/lib/python2.1/gettext.py to
>track this down it would be helpful.

Florent, why Zope Product would require Localizer to be installed to=20
function correctly? We've just removed all gettext form .dtml files to=20
make it work. ZMI is mainly in English and that is pretty good solution=20
until Zope provide Basement for Product l10n. Until that time I see no=20
reason to force users to install Localizer just to see ZMI of that one=20
product (NuxDocument in our case) in other language. Note, there is no=20
fallback mechanism to make it work without Localizer installed.

And here is the case to mention our NuxDocument patch. We had to remocve=20
all convesions because NuxDocument just corrupted generated HTML from=20
wvWare which was perfect for use in our case (UTF-8 encoding). What=20
maillist is correct place for discussion of NuxDocument?

m.

--=20
Myroslav Opyr
zope.net.ua <http://zope.net.ua/> =B0 Ukrainian Zope Hosting